Rigging & Slinging for Riggers & Banksmen
This 3-day theoretical and practical Rigging & Slinging training is
specifically developed for the operational staff (Riggers & Banksman) working on board of
Craneships and Oil & Gas Platforms. All aspects of Rigging, Slinging and Mooring
are covered. The aim of the training is to provide the participants with the
tools and knowledge that will increase both the safety and the efficiency of
their work on board. Engineering and Purchasing staff are advised to follow
the training specifically developed for them.
This training consists of a combination of theoretical instruction,
practical exercises in classroom and practical training with overhead cranes and
other equipment covering the following subjects
- Materials and Equipment ( among others Fibre Ropes, Fibre Slings, Wire
Ropes, Slings, DNV
2.7-1 container, Shackles, Chains, Hoists and Winches, Lifting Beams and
Spreader Bars, Sheave Blocks, ROV Equipment)
- Select the safest and most efficient materials and equipment
- Latest developments
- Recognizing unsafe materials and equipment
- Hoisting of Personnel
- Anchor handling
- Rules and Regulations
- Basic load calculations
- Certification, Inspection and Marking
- Safe use of materials
Set up of Training
This Rigging & Slinging Training consists of 3 consecutive days of lessons
08.00 to 16.00 hours. The group has maximum 8 participants.
The training concludes with a written and practical exam.
Participants who pass the
exam will receive a certificate approved by DNV . This certificate has a
validity of 4 years. The examination is conducted by BPB. This training
is also NOGEPA 1.9 (Banksman offshore) certified.
This training is in the English language.
The training can be followed at the SAIO Training Center in Rotterdam where
we have all the facilities required. On request we can organise the training at
other locations in the world, e.g. in the neighbourhood of a project.
The price mentioned on the right top side of this page is including all
training materials, DNV theoretical and practical exam and lunch, coffee and tea.
Also not included in the price are:
- Transport to and from selected hotels € 15,- per day.
- 21% VAT. All prices mentioned are excluding VAT
- The planning of our courses can be found on this site under
- These courses are ideal for small groups or individual candidates.
contact us if you cannot find a specific training.
- For groups and/or in-company we can offer tailored solutions for you.